We deliver our Apprenticeship programmes virtually, holding training and coaching sessions using video conferencing technology. As such, this will be a home based role and we are flexible on the location of the successful applicant. This is a 12 month fixed term contract initially with the potential for extension.
Apprenticeships are evolving and as an employer provider, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality training and support to all of our learners. As part of this vision, we’re looking for inspiring and enthusiastic individuals to join us. As an Apprentice Coach, you will support our Business Managers and their Apprentices throughout their programmes to ensure they complete on time and to a good standard.
In this role, you will play a vital part in ensuring that all our Apprentices experience a positive learning environment that’s structured and progressive, and centred around them. On a day to day basis you will;
- Support the Curriculum Design Lead on the development of the programme
- Deliver knowledge and skills based webinars to small groups of learners
- Keep accurate records on all learners in line with quality standards
- Support, advise and motivate learners having good coaching conversations that challenge thinking and motivate change
- Provide support and guidance to Managers in how to develop apprentices, using influencing and persuading skills to develop Managers that may be more experienced than you
- Provide feedback and coaching in live environment with colleagues and Managers at all levels of the Organisation
- Provide training and support for learners with functional skills Maths and English up to level 2
- Set and develop good achievable targets to keep learners on track
- Attend and take part in regional standardisation meetings and contribute to best practice exercises
- Undertake appropriate training and development to remain industry aware and record and track in a CPD
To excel in this role, we’re looking for experience of Apprenticeship assessment and delivery. You’ll be adept at setting, developing and achieving targets whilst providing feedback in a live environment.
The Travis Perkins Group operates 21+ businesses across the UK. Everything we do and sell is all around you. With a £6bn turnover and more than 28,000 colleagues serving trade and retail customers from over 2,000 trading outlets nationwide, we are the top performing UK Group in our sector. From supplying materials for iconic buildings to helping out our local customers through the floods, we’re a highly collaborative, high impact business that’s been recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers.
The ‘family feel’ of our business has crafted a strong inclusive culture, where people come first – rewarding performance and building careers. It’s the reason why we are such a successful organisation, doubling in size in the last 5 years with clear growth plans for the future.
If you are interested in this opportunity to be at the forefront of our Apprenticeships vision, click the links below to submit your application.