Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which encourage colleagues to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn the trust of their co-workers. We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing their best work and is essential to what we can achieve as a company. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace. We take steps to ensure our colleagues have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits to all employees and we will support flexible work and part-time options wherever we can to suit your lifestyle. You can read more about Diversity and inclusion and the benefits we offer at aboutamazon.com
Who are we?
Interested in joining a new exciting venture? Curious to be at the heart of where innovation meets customer obsession? Recently launched in the UK, Amazon Fresh Stores is the first convenience grocery store to offer Just Walk Out (JWO) Technology in the UK. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our JWO Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from, or returned to the shelves, and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, JWO uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! We are incredibly proud of our selection too. We offer a mix of everyday essentials, local favourites and seasonal items we think you’ll want and love, all at great prices. We’re also excited to offer delicious ready-to-eat and ready-to-heat meals. Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious, innovative and customer obsessed program.
Who are you?
As a Retail Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun. You adhere to and maintain regular and punctual attendance, safety and quality standards and follow standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement. You are flexible while working in an ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail, possess the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, multi-task, have a willingness and enjoy to learn new things, and a commitment to delighting our customers.
What You Do:
• Deliver excellent customer service acting with a customer-first mindset when answering customer questions
• Receive, stock, and replenish product
• Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process, and count product
• Perform basic calculations including addition and subtraction
• Identify and communicate barriers to completing assigned tasks
• Keep the store as clean and beautiful as it was on Day 1 including sweeping and resetting shelves
• Be responsible for prepping, packaging, and labeling food products of varying temperatures
• Perform additional duties as assigned and ability to work in environments with varying temperatures
• Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Work in a physical environment, which may include activities like lifting (up to 15.5 kg), standing, and reaching above your head, during your shift
• High School or equivalent diploma
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated positive work attitude and leadership skills
• Customer-facing experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.