We are Crowe U.K LLP – one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Graduate (ACCA/AAT candidate)
Accounts and Outsourcing (“Business Solutions” department)
Purpose of the role
We are a well-established and growing top 15 firm with a strong reputation for providing a high-quality service, with areas of technical expertise in the following areas: Corporate Business, Non Profit, Pension Funds, Professional Practice and Private Clients.
We are looking for an ambitious Graduate to join our successful and growing Accounts and Outsourcing team based in the Midlands. You will be joining a talented team committed to delivering a high-quality service to a varied portfolio of clients.
- Basic Bookkeeping duties using a variety of accounting software e.g. Sage, Xero, Exact such as processing of invoices and payments, maintaining accounts payables/receivables ledgers, bank reconciliation, posting journals and accruals, year-end reporting and intergroup reconciliations if applicable (to be able to process transactions manually and using automation).
- Assist in the preparation and submission of VAT and employer taxes i.e. PAYE, P11D and PSA.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly management reports for a range of clients.
- Assist in the preparation of basic corporation tax returns.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts under FRS102.
- Prepare basic annual company filings (confirmation statement, appointments/resignation of directors, and change of year-end…)
- Acquire and maintain technical knowledge for your level to the required standard.
- Complete exams and training requirements under the apprenticeship scheme
- Complete assigned areas of work within the time budget and deadlines set by seniors.
- Take responsibility for your work and able to multi-task in an organised manner.
- Prioritise own work and deadlines.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge
- An exceptional team player with the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to anticipate problems and produce solutions.
- Thorough understanding of double entries.
Our minimum requirements
- An expected or achieved 2:1 or equivalent.
- BBB (or equivalent UCAS points) from three A Levels (or equivalent).
- GCSE grade 5 or above in Maths and English Language.
Why work for Crowe U.K LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.
At Crowe U.K. LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Crowe U.K. LLP is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.