Job title: Assistant SME Trading Underwriter (Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time)
Location: Cardiff or Leeds
Are you looking to build on or begin a career in Insurance? Would you like to work for one of the world’s biggest and most respected Insurance companies?
We are looking for Assistant SME Trading Underwriters to come and join us in Cardiff or Leeds and this could be you!
Working in our SME Underwriting Centre, you will analyse and underwrite new and renewal business, interact with Brokers to support their customers and work as part of a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
If you pride yourself in providing excellent customer service every day, then you could be the perfect fit.
In this role communication and quick learning is key, in turn you will get to experience working for a global, truly people centric organisation.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
• Build and manage relationships with Brokers in support of business retention, acquisition and their customers insurance needs.
• Support Zurich’s culture by demonstrating trading and negotiation behaviours.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organisation’s appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity and analysis of exposures and risk.
• Quote and set coverage, negotiate terms and conditions on New Business, Mid Term Adjustment and Renewals.
• Make Outbound calls to Brokers, demonstrating a desire to win business, alongside managing tasks, Inbound calls and Live Chat.
• Resolve technical problems by referring to policies, procedures, specifications and on short-term, defined scope projects.
• Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines and insurance laws and regulations.
• Be an active team member of a large multi-location Underwriting environment.
Your skills and experience:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of the insurance industry/Financial Services and the legal and regulatory environment is preferable but not essential.
• A solutions and service orientation.
• Team player.
• Strong skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis and win-win negotiating.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
• Full support in progressing CII qualifications.
• 12% pension
• 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
• Annual company bonuses
• Private medical cover
• Discounted technology offers
• Virtual GP appointments
• Discounted gym membership,
• Free flu jab
• Discounted gadget insurance
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.