Priory Group is the leading healthcare provider for mental health services in the UK with an established track record of delivering high-quality clinical care. The Priory Hospital Southampton is part of the Priory group offering outpatient, day care and inpatient treatment for a wide range of mental health difficulties. The hospital is located in Marchwood on the outskirts of Southampton and comprises 40 inpatient beds across three wards.
Sandpiper Ward: This is an acute admissions unit comprising 17 beds. Skylark Ward: 11 bedded specialist eating disorders unit
Kingfisher Ward: 12 bedded CAMHS inpatient unit
The hospital has a combination of employed and visiting consultants and well established multidisciplinary teams in all wards including nursing, therapy, occupational therapy and psychology input.
The hospital provides a combination of NHS funded and private care and has been rated as “Good” in recent CQC inspection with “outstanding” rating in the “caring” domain.
The main purpose of the Bank Receptionist role is to deliver an efficient and high quality front of hospital reception service to assist the well-being and development of patients, students and pupils, as well as relatives, suppliers, staff and any other visitors.
The duties include:
-Greets and assists all arrivals promptly at the Priory unit, and ensures that they are treated in a courteous, pleasant efficient manner and, are directed accordingly.
– Ensures that all telephone calls into main reception / switchboard are dealt with promptly and efficiently within Priory operational standards.
– Carries out administrative tasks as required.
– Ensures the appropriate security passes are issued, as well as then directing visitors to the appropriate areas or individuals within the unit.
– Ensures the maintenance of the reception and waiting area environments to high standards, ensuring that any housekeeping or maintenance issues are reported to the appropriate teams.
– Adopts new services that are already introduced within the group.
– Uses equipment efficiently, in order to gain a greater value for money.
Knowledge & Skills
– The role holder will need to have a NVQ Level 1 in relevant area or GCSEs/O-Level Grades D-G or higher.
– Experience gained within a customer facing environment.
– Communication and interpersonal skills as the role holder will be interacting with patients and other service users constantly and some judgement will be required to ensure that the correct information is gathered and distributed as appropriate.
– Flexibility and adaptability as usually, the role holder will work within existing procedures; occasionally, the role holder may be required to adapt their behaviour within existing processes, in order to accommodate requests from patients, pupils and other colleagues.
– Intelligent problem Solving.
– Great Team player
– Strong “can do” attitude
The role holder will be required to take part in Priory’s mandatory training programme.
Our benefits are flexible and tailored to each individual staff. Some of the benefits we offer you include;
• A competitive salary
• Up to 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
• Birthday Leave
• Continuing Professional Development opportunities
• Pension scheme with a Priory contribution
• Your Priory, Your Benefits + – Our shopping discount site where you’ll find great offers for online and in-store shopping, negotiated specially for everyone who works at the Priory Group.
• Enhanced Maternity pay in line with NHS
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Services. Further information can be obtained from www.dbs.gov.uk. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check for all successful applicants. We are an equal opportunities employer. For more information please e-mail Julie Diggens HR Advisor at JulieDiggens@priorygroup.com
Division DBS info
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.