Do you want to work for a multi-award winning property and construction consultancy where you will be working on exciting and challenging projects?
Do you want to learn alongside experienced surveyors whilst being fully supported to undertake a degree in building surveying at University?
As our Building Surveyor Apprentice working within our vibrant Building Surveying team based in our London office , you will benefit from ‘on the job’ learning experiences whilst working on a wide ranging portfolio of prestigious projects. For example, we are currently delivering projects from large residential, industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to much smaller schemes across a variety of project management and core Building Surveying roles. You will also work with interesting clients including, large retail companies, local authorities, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc.
Ridge is a financially secure, award winning multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with a passion to succeed and a drive to be the best. We employ over 650 people in 12 offices throughout the UK and have delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide. We work on fantastic projects across all sectors. Our services are accredited to BS EN ISO 9001, 14001, 19650 and 45001, with quality and reliability underpinning service excellence an important factor in all that we do.
What we offer:
You will be studying a Chartered Building Surveying Degree. We will support you along the way with a mentor and a supervisor and a structured apprenticeship study programme so that you can start working towards your professional qualification straightaway.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with the undertake building surveys, taking particulars on site, attending meetings, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
- Help with Analysing and reporting on building defects
- Support the Building Surveyors with preparing schedules of dilapidations and negotiate settlements
- Assisting the Building Surveyors with providing advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
Experience and Skills Required
To apply for this role:
You will have an inquisitive nature, analytical mind, and a level of intellect. You will demonstrate a desire and drive to becoming Chartered which will be fully supported by us. Ideally you will possess:
- Numerical/maths skills and excellent literacy
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Confidence and good communication skills
- Interested in using computers for design work, calculations, and testing designs
This role would suit candidates with:
- A minimum of five GCSEs grade 5 or above which must include English, Maths and Science(s) and g ood A level grades suitable for direct entry onto a suitable accredited part time degree course