Who we are
Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables outstanding things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are crafting digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalised for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing! We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
At Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we are using our breadth, scale and experience to re-imagine the way healthcare is delivered and to help people live longer, healthier lives. In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopaedics and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver doctor and patient-centric products and solutions. As pioneers, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care – working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centred healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
We are in this for life!
The UK Cardiovascular and Specialty Solutions Medical Affairs Lead will support the Cardiovascular and Speciality Solution Franchise with a focus on Cardiac Electrophysiology and Interventional Cardio Vascular Procedures. The role could be full or part-time.
This role will report to the UK and Ireland Medical Affairs Director and contribute to the formulation and delivery of the Johnson and Johnson Medical Device national strategy.
This is a new role and will require a strong ability to deliver on two crucial aspects.
- The expectation is to co-create a strategy with Commercial Functions and HEMA that maximise the value for patients and healthcare stakeholders applying the principles of Value Based Healthcare.
- The second crucial aspect is to engage external partners and promote a decision making in clinical practice is aligned around value and evidence.
Further, you will drive compliant engagement with customers using social media, supporting virtual events and adopting the opportunities for communication offered by the 21st century.
You will collaborate with colleagues in New Product Development, Clinical Research, Marketing, Commercial, HEMA, and New Business Development by providing medical and scientific expertise while capturing National specific insights to product ideation and development, including conceptual and hands-on product evaluation as well as medical and clinical research perspectives.
You will serve as a strategic partner to develop UK specific strategies for evidence generation for new and existing products to support regulatory approval/clearance, health technology assessment, market access and post-marketing support.
You will provide interpretation of clinical studies, and assists with the development of communication strategies for the dissemination of the results, and will be directly involved in external physician engagement related to evidence dissemination and education.
Supporting Franchise Medical Affairs product training during investigational trials as well as during product launches, and may provide case coverage during trials.
Providing country-specific input to strategies for communication of clinical and non-clinical data, serving as a key contact between relevant Franchise Units and National/Regional Surgical Registries.
Providing Medical Advice input to regional product Complaint Handling, Investigation and Escalation; and support to Clinical Research, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Communications, Legal, QA/Risk Management / Product Safety and Commercial teams to drive efficient business strategic direction and tactical business activities in the country/region.
Education and experience
- Experience and focused training in cardiac electrophysiology.
- MD or equivalent is required. Additional advanced degrees are preferred.
- Proven experience in post graduate medical education (beyond initial licensure) including: speciality residency, fellowship or subspecialty training, clinical practice, dedicated research, or other related training/experience is required.
- A current license to practice is required and CCST in cardiology or an equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Experience in clinical research is preferred.
- Previous industry experience leading Medical/Clinical/R&D teams in a regulated, commercial biomedical or medical device business is preferred.
- Membership and leadership roles in surgical specialty Professional Societies is desirable.
- Capability, expertise and success in building and working with teams serving different clinical specialties or therapeutic areas will be needed.
- Demonstrated success in medical data generation, interpretation and publication highly preferred.
- Proficiency in English both written and spoken is required, other EMEA languages are a plus.
- Strong leadership required by building a trusting, collaborative, and ethical work environment, maintaining the highest standards of quality, compliance and acceptability.
- Foster strategic partnerships to ensure development and timely delivery of innovative EGS / EDS. Uncover unmeet needs.
- Build good relationships with external partners to shape and influence relevant policies.
- Build and develop talent to provide strategic and scientific evidence generation capability.
- Ensure regional evidence generations needs are understood, executed and in compliance to regulations and SOPs
What’s in it for YOU
It’s important to us that you feel you can bring your whole self to work; We provide an environment for you to fulfil your career aspirations as well as promoting your physical and mental wellbeing. You will receive a competitive package as well as benefits that can be tailored to what is valuable to you throughout different stages of your life. Examples of this include online Digital GP, private healthcare, Retail Vouchers, Discounted & Subsidised Gym memberships and you can get to support community projects, part of our global Corporate Social Responsibility programme.
We are supporter of equal opportunities and a proud member of Disability Confident.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson, for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. – fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)