Care and Support Assistant
Noble House, Worcester
£9.23 to £9.51 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
28 hours per week – 07.00/14.30 – 14.30/22.00
Do you need flexibility in the days you work? Our bank roles (sometimes referred to as “relief roles” in other companies) mean that you will be able to choose from available shifts and have the benefits of a consistent workplace combined with opportunity to build positive relationships with the individuals we support. However you aren’t guaranteed shifts every week as hours are worked as and when required.
We are seeking a Care and Support Assistant to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Located in Sanctuary Grove, a purpose-built community on the outskirts of Worcester, Noble House provides apartments and communal facilities for over 55s.
At Sanctuary Retirement Living, we are passionate about residents enjoying their retirement in comfort whilst continuing to live independently, with the peace of mind that help is on hand if they need it . We are looking for caring and compassionate people to ensure that our residents enjoy happy and fulfilling lives.
If you want to make a positive impact in our lively retirement community where no two days are the same, this is a great opportunity to come and work within a hardworking and resident-focused team.
Read more about Noble House here
The role of Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Delivering a high level of personalised care and support and encouraging our residents to live as independent as possible
- Supporting residents with washing, dressing, bathing and hygiene
- Administering medication
- Assisting residents with domestic, cleaning and laundry tasks
- Helping residents to arrange and attend appointments i.e with their GP
- Promoting a positive culture by engaging with residents to prevent social isolation
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records
Skills and experiences:
- NVQ2 In Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards is essential
- Ideally with experience of working in a similar, care related role
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills, as well as functional literacy and numeracy
Why work for Sanctuary Retirement Living?
Retirement Living provides comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active and independent lifestyles in their later years.
Ready to join Sanctuary Retirement Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Retirement Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years (plus public holidays) – pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work schemes
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Retirement Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 23August2021
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Retirement Living, visit our website , take a look at our Facebook page or search #LifeatSanctuary
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Anenhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
SanctuaryRetirement Livingis a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Night Enabling Support Worker (Part Time)… Southend on Sea, United Kingdom Published 24 hours ago
Night Enabling Support Worker (Part Time) – Dolphin Court – £10.65 Per Hour Livability Dolphin Court in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, provides person-centred, responsive, residential and nursing care. The home is ...