Care and Support Assistant – Part Time
Rose Manor, Telford
£9.23 to £9.51 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
12.25 hours per week (Wednesdays 07:00-15:00 and alternate Monday/Saturday afternoons 14:45 – 19:00) and 17.75 hours available (Thursday 7:00-15:00, Wednesday 08:00- 13:30 andalternate afternoons on Monday and Saturday 14:45 – 19:00)
We are seeking a Care and Support Assistant to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Set in the vibrant new community of Ketley Millennium Village, near Telford, Rose Manor is a new purpose built development, offering a selection of apartments for over 55s.
Designed to offer comfort, independence and peace of mind, Rose Manor has a dedicated care and support team onsite, enabling residents to enjoy their own home and their own way of life. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Read more about Rose Manor here
The role of Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Delivering a high level of personalised care and support and encouraging our residents to live as independent as possible
- Supporting residents with washing, dressing, bathing and hygiene
- Administering medication
- Assisting residents with shopping, cleaning and laundry tasks
- Helping residents to arrange and attend appointments i.e with their GP
- Promoting a positive culture by engaging with residents to prevent social isolation
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities whilst working to deadlines
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards
Why work for Sanctuary Retirement Living?
Sanctuary Retirement Living services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active and independent lifestyles in their later years.
Ready to join Sanctuary Retirement Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Retirement Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- 28 days paid holiday (including public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work schemes
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Retirement Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Read the full job profile here
Closing date:05 July2021
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Retirement Living, visit our website , take a look at our Facebook page or search #LifeatSanctuary
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Anenhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
SanctuaryRetirement Livingis a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.