Care and Support Team Leader – Part Time
Jazz Court, Scarborough
£10.03 per hour (rising to £10.34 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
30 Hours per week, including alternate weekends
We are seeking an experienced Care and Support Team Leader to support a team of Care and Support Assistants in making a real difference to the lives of our residents. Set in the quiet community of Eastfield, near Scarborough, Jazz Court provides apartments and communal facilities for over 55s.
If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Read more about Jazz Court here
The role of Care and Support Team Leader will include:
- Effectively supervising and supporting a team of Care and Support Assistants
- Providing a high quality, personalised care and support service, including the sensitive delivery of personal care
- Administering, ordering and booking in medication and gap monitoring
- Liaising with doctors, social workers and the local authority
- Writing care and support plans and reviewing and updating care packages
- Involvement in the recruitment and induction process of new staff members
- Managing the development of staff to ensure skilled staff are available to meet business needs
- Co-ordinating rotas,completing timesheets and inputting them into the payroll system
- Identifying and reporting hazards and faults, completing risk assessments and ensuring equipment is kept in working order
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience of working in a similar care related role
- A NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards is essential
- Previous experience in a staff supervision role is desirable
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Experience with working to deadlines and prioritising work loads
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislations
Why work for Sanctuary Retirement Living?
Sanctuary Retirement Living services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active and independent lifestyles in their later years.
Ready to join Sanctuary Retirement Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Retirement Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- 28 days annual leave (including public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work schemes
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Retirement Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 22 September 2021
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Retirement Living, visit our website , take a look at our Facebook page or search #LifeatSanctuary
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Anenhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
SanctuaryRetirement Livingis a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.