Please note that because of government funding, candidates must be 19-24 years old and must live in the UK.
Do you have an interest or passion for Education? Have you considered a career change into the Education Sector? Are you interested in becoming a Teaching Assistant or Qualified Teacher?
This course is designed to introduce you to the concepts and experiences of working with children in school. This course is ideal if you are looking to get into Education and Teaching. This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training and a high-quality work experience placement.
Location: Abbey School, St Marychurch, Torquay, TQ1 4PRE
Any financial support given to the trainees? Lunch provided. DBS & the option to complete a First Aid Qualfication
Normal working hours: 8am to 5:30pm
What would you be doing?
- Assisting the teacher during lessons and practical activities
- Take small groups of students and developing specific skills (i.e. reading, writing, design, sport etc)
- Helping in the breakfast/ after-school clubs
- Listening to children read
- Helping out on the playground by encouraging children to play
What about the traineeship?
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or real work experience.
- Employability including CV and interview skills
- Functional Skills courses if needed to complete L1 or 2
- Tailored training depending on work placement (industry-specific)
- Help with confidence
- Practical Work Experience
Traineeship are unpaid but offer you a straight path into a placement and open up the door of employers for Apprenticeship, Kickstart programmes or direct employment.
- Living and eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 19 to 24
- Qualified below Level 3 (No graduates)