** It would be appreciated if all emails/communications were directed to Ignite & not the Harvard Innovation Lab, Harvard Business School or Harvard University.
Do you want to improve the world? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to join a driven, tight-knit community of highly talented peers at a world-changing organization just as they started growing rapidly? Excited by the opportunity to power world-class entrepreneurs and Changemakers as they work to positively impact the lives of 1,000’s, 100,000’s or 1,000,000’s?
At Ignite Mental Health we’re accelerating world-class mental health entrepreneurs and mobilizing key change agents to catalyze the scalable innovations and legislative changes needed to transform the future of student mental health literacy and access. Using this approach, we’re working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale lasting legislative changes and breakthrough organizations to be as impactful as Google and Facebook that focus solely on equipping every student with a standard measure of mental health literacy and access.
All of us at Ignite have experienced first-hand, or through that of loved ones and friends, the pain caused by how broken our approaches towards mental health really are. This has driven us to come together to unite some of the best minds and doers on the planet to fix it, on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
Become a member of a bold and ambitious mission-driven team which grew rapidly with the support of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program, to become a nationwide effort in just nine months! You will perch atop a fast-growing organization working to catalyze national and global change with the opportunity to learn, grow, and hopefully thrive in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and impact-driven environment.
PS: As you saw from the title, we’re straight up that we’re not funded by a zillionaire (yet!) and this is a non-compensated opening that is volunteer in nature at a social impact non-profit.
More about you
We are looking for a boldly ambitious, incredibly resourceful, and boundary-pushing Co-Chief Development Officer who is enthralled by the challenge and excited by the opportunity to co-assemble, co-lead and inspire a world-class Development team and ambitious strategy to help drive sweeping improvements in national mental health literacy and access.
If you are an experienced fundraising professional looking to join a tight-knit, entrepreneurial and world-class team working to tackle a problem affecting every facet of society and in doing so help reduce suffering and save lives on a national scale, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
We’re expanding our world-class team… This is where you come in.
What you’ll do (alongside another Co-Director)
- Co-create, co-drive and co-own the success of a boldly ambitious revenue/fundraising strategy and goals, incl. OKR & KPI setting for all team members.
- Collaborate with our Talent Director to co-recruit, co-lead, coach and inspire a world-class team of top-tier development professionals and a fundraising advisory board (via Ignite’s extensive network) capable of collaboratively achieving the goals.
- Co-lead Ignite’s Board in the process of identifying and seizing near-and long-term opportunities for stewardship, expanding revenue, and organizational visibility, ultimately creating a foundation for long-term financial sustainability.
- Overall? Create a kick ass and best-in-class fundraising function powered by a world-class team which achieves ambitious goals and launches innovative fundraising vehicles to help address a pressing cause.
- 10+ years of experience in a fundraising capacity, at least 2 years leadership experience.
- 2 years experience in prospecting and securing new individual and corporate donors, closing five- and six-figure gifts which exceeded three hundred thousand dollars per year.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies that includes a range of funding sources.
- Growth mindset, a deep sense of ‘extreme ownership’ for work projects, not afraid of taking risks and boldly ambitious.
- Minimum of two years working directly with Boards of Directors on enhancing fundraising capacity.
- Deeply driven to transform the future of mental health (but that’s a given!).
Time, Structure & Financial
- Success in this role may involve volunteering 8 – 12 hours per week. The Co-Director may join a team of 1-2 Co-Directors who will split areas of responsibilities. Hours can be flexible based on the Co-Directors own schedule with ample options to integrate with the team both during and after standard 9-5 EST hours.
- Ignite Mental Health currently operates a tight-knit and uniquely high-skilled, volunteer-run non-profit social impact organization; efficiently coordinated by a core HQ team of exceptionally dedicated leaders, collectively lending their time to help reduce suffering and save lives on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
- This position is non-compensated and volunteer in nature. We assist all candidates who are enrolled in or work for a University or Sponsoring Organization, with the preparation of all documentation required to support applications for stipends, non-profit work pay related programs, financial fellowships or financial scholarships. As a newly incorporated social-impact non-profit our incoming Capital Raising Team will be working hard to establish partnerships to fund stipends, renumeration etc. At this moment, however, we are unfortunately unable to commit to renumeration of any form.
- Third-party websites may provide erroneously calculated salary projections for positions. These estimates are not provided by Ignite and are incorrect.
- Our Co-Director would be welcome to work remotely from anywhere in the world or in-person with our Founder and key team members in the Boston area. In-person options may be dependent on a range of COVID-19 health and safety related factors.
- Join an amazingly talented community of like minded peers across the US working to solve one of societies most pressing problems.
- Develop new skills, insights & experience in a fast-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Help build the future you want to see and achieve lasting changes in national mental health.
- And all the other stuff too 🙂
Ignite Mental Health is not a department of Harvard University, nor are we in anyway owned or operated by the University. Ignite’s only connection with the University is that we were founded by Harvard students/ alumni and incubated by and worked (pre-covid) out of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program. We ask that all communications are directed to Ignite and not the Harvard Innovation Lab.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work which may be performed by persons assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities or other potentially relevant information which may change between the date of this posting and potential interviews.
We’re working to scale innovative solutions and legislative changes -unafraid of transforming traditional approaches-that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Are you in?