Do you want to improve the world? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to learn and grow at a world-changing organization just as they started growing rapidly? Excited by the opportunity to power world-class entrepreneurs and Changemakers as they work to positively impact the lives of 100,000’s & 1,000,000’s?
At Ignite Mental Health we’re accelerating world-class mental health entrepreneurs and mobilizing key change agents to catalyze the scalable innovations and legislative changes needed to transform the future of student mental health literacy and access. Using this approach, we’re working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale lasting legislative changes and breakthrough organizations to be as impactful as Google and Facebook that focus solely on equipping every student with a standard measure of mental health literacy and access.
All of us at Ignite have experienced first-hand, or through that of loved ones and friends, the pain caused by how broken our approaches towards mental health really are. This has driven us to come together to unite some of the best minds and doers to fix it, on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
Become a member of a bold and ambitious mission-driven team which grew rapidly with the support of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program, to become a nationwide effort in just nine months! You will perch atop a fast-growing organization working to catalyze national and global change with the opportunity to learn, grow, and hopefully thrive in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and impact-driven environment.
More about you!
Ignite is looking for a bold, entrepreneurial, and boundary-pushing Director of People who is enthralled by the challenge and excited by the opportunity to recruit, develop and empower a world-class team while creating overarching strategy, internal programs and communications which drive and sustain our fun high-energy culture where everyone can be their best self and thrive.
If you are an experienced People Operations leader looking to join a tight-knit, mission-driven and world-class team investing their time to help reduce suffering and save lives on a national scale, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Also, as you read in the title, we’re straight up that we’re not funded by a zillionaire (yet!) and this is a non-compensated opening which is volunteer in nature at a social impact non-profit.
We’re expanding our world-class team… This is where you come in.
Alongside another Co-Director you will
- Assemble & empower a world-class team:
- Recruitment & onboarding: Managing our existing full-cycle recruitment, selection, and onboarding focused on top talent & an exceptional candidate experience.
- Training and development: Designing training, mentorship, and development processes to allow all team members to grow in their roles and careers.
- Policies and compliance: Creation of policies to ensure employment law compliance & needs satisfaction.
- Team member relations: Help build and manage a happy, engaged and thriving team.
- Build a world-class culture and create one of the best social impact startups to work for in America:
- Continually identifying and implementing opportunities to improve team experience, wellbeing, and happiness.
- Executing on our current People & Culture initiatives.
- Working with our Chief Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Officer to develop Ignite’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy.
The must haves
- 8+ years in a People Operations / HR role in an organization with a minimum of 20+ full-time knowledge based workers.
- At least 2 years leading the People / HR function of an organization.
- Experience in a fast growing organization & culture management is preferable but not required.
- Experience creating and implementing HR policies and procedures and learning programs.
- Deeply driven to transform the future of mental health (but that’s a given!).
- Servant leadership style, willing to take charge, committed to diversity, inclusion and equity & highly organized self-starter
Time, Structure & Financial
- Success in this role may involve volunteering 8 to 13 hours per week. The Co-Director may join a team of 1-3 Co-Directors who will split areas of responsibilities. The successful candidate(s) will be welcome to join the HQ team remotely or in-person* either during or after 9-5 EST hours, with an array of integration and team interaction options available.
- Our Co-Director of People will (alongside other co-directors) serve a national and fast growing team of 5 – 25 people with the potential of 100 remote contributors.
- Ignite Mental Health currently operates a tight-knit and uniquely high-skilled, volunteer run social impact non-profit; efficiently coordinated by a core HQ team of exceptionally dedicated leaders, collectively lending their time to help reduce suffering and save lives on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
- This position is non-compensated and volunteer in nature. We assist all candidates who are enrolled in or work for a University or Sponsoring Organization, with the preparation of all documentation required to support applications for stipends, non-profit work pay related programs, financial fellowships or financial scholarships. As a relatively new non-profit our incoming Capital Raising Team will be working hard to establish partnerships to fund stipends, renumeration etc. At this moment however we are unfortunately unable to commit to renumeration of any form.
- Third-party websites may provide erroneously calculated salary projections for positions. These estimates are not provided by Ignite and are incorrect.
- Our Director of People would be welcome to work remotely from anywhere in the world or in-person with our Founder and selected team members in Boston, dependent on COVID-19 and health and safety advisory.
Some of the perks
- Have fun while making a difference.
- Develop new skills, insights & experience in a fast-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Join an amazing community of like minded peers across the US while working on high-impact projects.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in rapid growing organization.
Ignite Mental Health is not a department of Harvard University, nor are we in anyway owned or operated by the University. Ignite’s only connection with the University is that we were founded by Harvard students/ alumni and are incubated by and worked (pre-covid) out of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program. We ask that all communications are directed to Ignite and not the Harvard Innovation Lab.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work which may be performed by persons assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities or other potentially relevant information which may change between the date of this posting and potential interviews.
We’re working to scale innovative solutions and legislative changes -unafraid of transforming traditional approaches-that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Are you in?
Night Enabling Support Worker (Part Time)… Southend on Sea, United Kingdom Published 7 hours ago
Night Enabling Support Worker (Part Time) – Dolphin Court – £10.65 Per Hour Livability Dolphin Court in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, provides person-centred, responsive, residential and nursing care. The home is ...