Please note that because of government funding, candidates must be 19-24 years old and must live in the UK.
Are you interested in cooking? Are you looking to gain experience in the kitchen?
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training and a high-quality work experience placement. You will assist in maintaining and improving the standard of food presentation and ensure that food produced meets the standards set down by the company in quality, quantity and presentation.
Location: Fairlawns Hotel 178 Little Aston Rd, Walsall WS9 0NU
Normal working hours: To be decided with trainee
What would you be doing?
- To act in accordance with all Company procedures with regard to Fire, Health and Safety and Hygiene.
- To maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in all aspects of your work.
- To prepare and cook food to the standards of quality and presentation set by the company.
- To understand the correct use and care of all kitchen equipment and knife techniques.
- To prepare food and mise-en-place in the assigned section of the kitchen.
- To minimise wastage.
- To ensure that the agreed portion sizes and menu specifications are adhered to.
- To carry out assigned work by job superiors – Head chef / Sous Chef / Supervising Chefs
- To undertake any other duty which may reasonably be requested as the Company continually strives to create greater customer satisfaction.What about the traineeship?
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or real work experience.
- Employability including CV and interview skills
- Functional Skills courses if needed to complete L1 or 2
- Tailored training depending on work placement (industry-specific)
- Help with confidence
- Practical Work Experience
Traineeship are unpaid but offer you a straight path into a placement and open up the door of employers for Apprenticeship, Kickstart programmes or direct employment.
- Living and eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 19 to 24
- Qualified below Level 3 (No graduates)