Construction Plant Maintenance Apprentice – Hemel Hempstead/Ollerton/Golborne/Cannock
A Plant Maintenance Operative will service, maintain and repair the wide range of construction-based equipment used within the construction, plant and tool hire industry, such as excavators, telehandlers, dumpers, RRVs, Piling Rigs and Crawler Cranes.
As part of this apprenticeship, depending on location there will be an opportunity to specialise in specific product categories, such as Piling, Tunnelling, Rail, Crane and Small Plant tool items.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be trained to:
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures
- Check, service and undertake basic fault finding activities on a range of Plant and Equipment.
- Either through fault-finding activities or through given instruction; remove, dismantle, repair, assemble and refit a plethora of components, and ensure that the item of plant is fully functional prior to handover.
- Service plant & equipment in line with company and manufacturers guidelines and procedures.
- Successfully inspect and prepare equipment to the standards prescribed in the manufacturer’s manual.
- Develop the ability to keep updated with emerging new technologies within the industry.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop.
You will work towards an industry recognised qualification in Plant Maintenance.