About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a CONTROL ROOM OPERATIVE (PART TIME) to join our Plant & Fleet business unit to work in Rotherham. Role Purpose: To operate and maintain surveillance equipment (CCTV), watching both live and recorded video footage, make appropriate pro-active and reactive responses by reporting incidents or suspicious behaviour and contacting the authorities when necessary.
What you’ll be doing
You will have the following accountabilities:
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of Sustainability activities
- Identify potential hazards and proactively implement actions and controls
- Keeps up to date with changes in legislation
- Seeks to improve levels of safety at every opportunity
- Embrace the companys core values which will assist in driving our business and helping to achieve our Zero Harm and Sustainability visions.
- Carries out Independent Inspections of their own section
- Ensures that all Non Conformances are reported as required
- Prompt and accurate reporting of incidents ensuring SLAs are met
- Operate all CCTV equipment to provide pro-active and reactive monitoring of CCTV cameras to assist with the detection of crime, antisocial behaviour and to support the reduction of crime, disorder and the fear of crime.
- Maintain a close liaison with the Control Rooms, police personnel and CCTV partners in relation to any incidents.
- Use databases and computer systems to gather, monitor, accurately record and communicate information to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor, operate and communicate using all forms of equipment.
- Supply extracts from CCTV recordings to support investigations and evidence in-line with security procedures.
- Carryout additional/new duties to meet the business
- Operates effectively and energetically as part of a wider team, maintaining a high level of service
- Understands and keep up to date with current security, GDPR procedures and CCTV codes of practice, ensuring that standards are maintained.
- Respect and comply with the company confidentiality policy
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights and adapt to business needs
- Act responsible and respectfully
- To be flexible and willing to occasionally take part in activities outside of your normal working hours. E.g. training, meetings
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility
- Must be a good team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate
- Understands the basic Company Protocols with regard to Accidents and Incidents reporting
- Uncompromising approach to the implementation of safe systems of work
- Good working knowledge of current H & S legislation
- Where possible, adopts an innovative approach to enhancing safe systems of work
- Experienced in the delivery of engaging toolbox talks
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- SIA trained
- SIA license
- Experience with working in a CCTV control environment
- Capable of taking ownership of the works or a section of the works from start to finish, including the handover of the works
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services provides whole life fleet management and plant & equipment hire solutions to the Balfour Beatty Group. Supplying over 8,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry. From specifying bespoke vehicles and equipment, to organising lease agreements, mobilising new contracts and delivering driver risk training, Plant & Fleet supports Balfour Beattys projects across the UK with an industry leading fleet of Zero Harm and sustainably specified equipment. This allows Balfour Beattys contract teams to focus on what they do best successfully delivering essential infrastructure projects. At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role. Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/