Sell Sky products. Identify and solve problems. As part of a supportive, fun and friendly team, our Customer Sales Advisors focus on having great conversations. And if you’re a quick learner with a resilient, can-do attitude, you’ll fit right in.
About the programme
Working in our busy call centre you will be part of our Welcome Team who work hard to deliver the best service in the country whilst giving new customers the warmest welcome to Sky. Taking inbound calls you will understand what each customer wants and use your judgment to respond in the right way to ensure they choose Sky. We’ll help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to give our customers extraordinary service ensuring our customers have the best package for their needs.
What you’ll be doing
- Spending the first four weeks learning the ropes. After that, we’ll let you loose on the phones, supported by your line manager & buddy
- Listening attentively to customers: understanding their needs, showing empathy and inspiring trust
- Keeping the customer at the heart of all that we do
- Keeping up to date with all Sky products and campaigns so that you can effectively support our customers and promote new and existing product
- Delivering the best service in the country in every interaction
- Working towards targets across a number of business measure
What you’ll need to be
- You’ll have a passion to sell
- Thrive in a target driven environment
- A confident communicator and team player
- A resilient attitude
- Enthusiastic about all things Sky
- Passionate about providing our customers with the best service in the country
- A desire to understand new technology, and be in touch with the latest technology trends
- Flexible: your typical shift pattern will vary, and you’ll need to be available to work evenings and weekends
How you’ll grow and be supported
Be Brilliant – How? We give you freedom. Support. The chance to try things your way – forging your ideal career path or developing something totally new. It means you can do more. Make an impact. Get noticed. And it means with the right attitude, anything’s possible.
Digital Development – Whenever you want it. Access 3,000 LinkedIn Learning courses at a time that suits you. We’ll suggest courses that we think are key, then it’s over to you.
Support Network – Whatever path you choose we’ll be right there with you. You’ll get to team up with an apprentice who’s been there and done it and have a manager and apprentice Skills Coach who’ll stretch and guide you to where you want to go. All this plus the support of the Early Careers team who will be on hand from your first day through to the start of your post scheme career journey.
What you’ll get
30 days holiday, Sky Q, a generous pension, private healthcare and life assurance. Expect our full support, helping you to achieve a nationally-recognised Customer Service Practitioner standard by the end of your first 15 months at Sky.
Your application journey
CVs aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. That’s why we have a unique assessment approach that involves a series of questions and a video round followed by an invite to our virtual assessment centre.
Do you require any special adjustments to be made to complete any stage of our process? Just let us know when you register and someone from our team will get in touch to discuss this further.
As part of the application process, you’ll complete our immersive digital assessments. There are three parts; the first two steps tell us if you’re a fit for us, and if you are, the third step is where you tell us more about you. The third step will include a video interview.
Ready to go? Here are some hints and tips to get you started:
- Find somewhere quiet where you won’t get distracted
- It might help to turn off your phone or keep it on silent
- Open a new browser window or close any tabs you aren’t currently using
- If you’re invited to take part in our video assessment, make sure you’re in a tidy, well-lit space with good internet connection. We’ll give you some more instructions to help you get set up
- We know it might feel a little strange but try and treat the video interview like you would any interview. Dress comfortably, smile and keep focused on the camera
- And finally, we’re excited to get to know you. Be yourself. Always provide answers that best represent you and what you would do in a given situation.
For the final stage, we’ll invite you to take part in our virtual assessment centre. You’ll get the opportunity to impress us with your personality and get a feel for what it’s really like to work at Sky.
It’s normal to be nervous but we’re on hand to help you along the way. To prepare, do your research about Sky but don’t worry if you don’t know everything about us. What’s more important is that you demonstrate what excellent customer service looks like. Show us your personality, strong social skills and think about how you might approach different situations with customers. We’re keen to hear more about you.
The day will include an individual interview and individual exercises but don’t worry we’ll give you plenty of notice and let you know how best to prepare for these activities. You’ll need to set aside a couple of hours for this part.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.
Why Inclusion is important
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too.
When to apply
The current closing date for applications is 23rdMay 2021. But things move quickly around here, so apply now to avoid disappointment. If you’re successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.