We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life.
Our customer service department is at the core of our success. As the point of contact for our customers, being able to respond to their needs in an efficient and timely manner is what helps set us apart from the competition.
As our customer numbers continue to grow, so does our need to hire fantastic people to serve them. Our customer service team members are our greatest asset – representing Starling to the people that rely on us to help manage their financial lives. We don’t silo you into one particular area, so the queries you deal with will be wide ranging, from the simple to the complex.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We enable our customers to manage their money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whenever they need us, we will be there. As a result, we are looking to grow our overnight team and are looking for people who can commit to either a 20hr, 25hr or 30hr a week part-time contract, scheduled across Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, starting at either 9pm or 10pm.
- For the 20hr a week contract, you will work either five, 4 hour shifts, or four, 5 hour shifts across any of those evenings
- For the 25hr a week contract you will work a 5 hour shift across every evening.
- For the 30hr a week contract you will work a 6 hour shift across every evening.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing exceptional customer service via phone, email, live chat and social media.
- Showing ownership and accountability for offering solutions that help and benefit our customers.
- Maintaining high service standards and continually improving the service to our customers.
- Responding to customer complaints and escalating issues as necessary.
- Supporting continuous improvement ethos within the contact centre.
- Actively seeking to improve processes and workflows.
- Working well within a dynamic team environment
- Working in a contact centre environment is not essential – showing us you understand what great customer service looks like is.
- You must be able to accommodate the shift pattern outlined above. Your schedule will include weekend working and you need to be able to work across all the days of the week stated above.
- Comfortable talking to customers however they choose to reach out. Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- No two days here are the same – you should be comfortable working in a changing environment.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees – ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
- Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve surpassed 2 million accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £5 billion over the same period. We’re a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We’ve won the Best British Bank award three years running, and now employ over 1400 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.