Finance Analyst (Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time)
Location: Swindon (we will also consider other locations; however, travel to Swindon will be required)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst to join the UK Expense Management team. This is a fundamental role which sits at the heart of the team that ensures effective management, reporting & control of the operational cost base for Zurich’s UK businesses.
You will be the administrator of the team’s key tools in Excel and the MS Power suite for expense reporting, forecasting, planning and general budget management. You will be a key member of the team providing technical and systems support to our process transformation activity.
You will be the super user for the tools and responsible for their maintenance, ongoing development and troubleshooting as well as maintaining appropriate control over user access rights, security, and process documentation.
In addition, you will have a customer mindset – looking to understand the needs of the team and our stakeholders and seek to develop solutions to ensure the team can deliver the required outcomes as efficiently as possible. You will enjoy coaching and training others to also develop their IT skill set to help provide greater resilience and use of advanced Microsoft tools across the team.
Depending on the candidate, the role could also include some Expense Partner responsibilities, supporting budget holders on all aspects of their expense management and target delivery.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
- Responsibility for maintenance of relevant systems tools to support the UK Expense Management processes – including month/quarter/year-end closes, forecasting, planning cycles, expense allocation and central reporting requirements
- You will be the administrator for the Expense Portal – our key budget management and forecasting tool and the Expense Allocations Model – which allocates expenses by business, cost type, legal entity and other views. Both these utilise the MS Power suite of tools
- You will run monthly refresh processes, maintain user access and controls, keep process documentation up to date and develop the tools as needed to keep current
- You will also maintain and develop other tools as business need is identified or support others in the team to do so as appropriate
- You will be a go to person in the team to implement future transformation – using tools at our disposal to meet customer needs and to improve efficiency across the team
- You will act as coach to others in the team looking to develop their skills as appropriate
- Support wider UK/Finance projects where relevant, e.g. implementation of IFRS17 and ensuring our models and systems remain able to meet current needs
- Ensure compliance with/contribution to the expense control environment, including adherence to Group guidance on the implementation of International and UK Accounting Standards, and enforcement of all accounting policies where appropriate/required
- Establish positive and influential relationships with all stakeholders, including outside immediate area of responsibility where required
- There will also be the opportunity to support with Expense Partner responsibilities.
Your skills and experience:
- High level of computer literacy, esp. in Ms Excel. Ideally a strong understanding of Power Query / Power Pivot / Power BI/ Power Automate / VBA / DAX – but certainly the desire to learn if any gaps in knowledge
- Proven ability to develop models for a range of users with appropriate user interfaces, controls and documentation
- Proven ability to learn new systems and languages to keep pace with external developments in application capabilities
- Proven ability to review and improve processes through implementation of systems solutions – you may have Lean qualifications alongside on the job examples.
- Advantageous: core understanding of the financial mechanics and accounting principles of the Insurance industry, understanding of expense management and the UK business
- Enthusiastic, professional & positive attitude
- A natural “do-er” – able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure, with minimal supervision
- Customer focus – a keenness to understand people’s challenges and help identify and implement solutions.
- Problem solving ability – enjoy working through problems and testing and implementing solutions.
- Team player – pro-active, positive force within a team environment
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
- 12% Non-Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company bonuses
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Private medical cover
- Income Protection
- Life Cover
- Discounted gym membership,
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Plus much more!
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.