Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference?
We are looking for a positive , compassionate and caring Support Workers to work within our Southampton service.
If you consider yourself to be reliable, enthusiastic and forward thinking we would like you to consider joining us as a support worker for people with a learning disability.
You must be able to demonstrate a real commitment to Mencap and the work that we do, alongside the wonderful people we support. We are looking for people with a ‘can-do’ attitude who are strongly motivated, outgoing, caring and have a calm demeanor when needed.
You will be responsible and involved in the everyday life of the people that we support, making sure that they are fully involved when it comes to planning and receiving the support that they all nee d and want. This could include support with daily living tasks such as managing their tenancy and finances, maintaining friendships and relationships, as well as going to work, plus other different everyday activities.
Each person we support in Southampton has their own unique dreams and aspirations, which will make no two days at work the same. Being a Support Worker means that you also get to create some fantastic memories and take part in the fun! We have a lot of different interests, hobbies and passions within our services.
The individual tailored support that we provide will vary immensely but rest assured our award winning training will ensure that you are fully prepared to be the best Support Worker that you can be.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week, including mornings (ideal for you early risers!), evenings and sleep-ins (Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements).
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply
Mencap are strongly encouraging all our colleagues to have the Covid-19 vaccine as a way to help protect each other and the people we support. This is becoming increasingly important as evidence is starting to grow that the vaccine could help stop the spread of the virus, as well as protecting the person vaccinated from getting very ill.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C’s apply based on contract
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you – but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.