Healthcare Assistant (Part Time) – Horizons, Poole – £10.34 Per Hour
Are you the person we are looking for? Do you have the passion, talent, skills and care experience that can make it all add up for our students?
At Livability, we’re looking for caring and community-minded people, we need you:
To support the nursing team in meeting the complex medical, health and welfare needs of our young adults. To act independently in the absence of a nurse following the appropriate medical procedures and where applicable to contact outside agencies. All relevant information must subsequently be relayed back to the nursing team as a priority.
To be responsible for carrying out direct personal and clinical care for highly dependent young adults in a residential setting. To include:
- Put up gastric feeds after a Registered Nurse has checked and confirmed that the tube is correctly sited, ensuring that the nutritional needs of the student are met in respect of artificial feeding.
- Stoma care, oral and tracheal suctioning, tracheostomy care as designated, gastrostomy and PEG care.
- Administer prescribed suppositories, enemas, apply dermatological medicines, and administer nebulisers, naso-gastric aspiration, and simple dressings as necessary.
- Administer agreed medication via oral, nasogastric, gastrostomy route as instructed by the Registered Nurse and to report any acts or omissions in respect of medication to the nursing team.
- Be conversant with current emergency resuscitation techniques, both in theory and practice.
- To support the complex medical, health and welfare needs on the residential units, working closely with the nursing team and other professional staff and external agencies as required.
- Ensure consistency is maintained across the Centre, i.e. between the therapy and residential departments.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits including a generous annual leave and pension scheme, life assurance, childcare and eye care voucher scheme, paid training & DBS, flexible working, employee assistance programme, fitness and social initiatives.
Horizons are a residential transition service for young adults aged 18-30 in the area of Branksome Dorset. Horizons can accommodate 13 individuals on a residential and respite basis. Horizons provide a service for young adults with a variation in physical, learning and associated medicals needs.
Livability is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Livability is committed to the Disability Confident Scheme and to equal opportunities therefore we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation.
Livability is the disability charity that connects people with their communities.
We tackle social isolation and the barriers that can cause this in the lives of disabled and vulnerable people.
Through a wide range of disability, education, training and community services, we promote inclusion and wellbeing for all.
Together, we work to see people take part, contribute and be valued.
We put the elements in place that all add up to connected lives and communities.