Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. We are a business with over 20 years’ experience in the delivery of exceptional levels of care to people in their own homes. All our care visits are a minimum of one hour to fully ensure that our Carers have lots of time to carry out meaningful care visits and to build a really positive relationship with your clients. Our Carer training is award winning with an industry-leading reputation, in addition we offer ongoing training and development opportunities to develop our own Team members to go on to have greater career opportunities with us in the long term.
We match our Care Assistants to each client based on mutual interests, values and personal characteristics, we find this helps to build bonds of trust and enable our committed team to provide a highly personalised support service. At Home Instead we pride ourselves on the delivery of exceptional levels of customer care and are extremely proud to be recognised as having more CQC outstanding ratings than any other UK based homecare provider.
We are looking for people with kind, compassionate hearts who want to make a true difference to the quality of life of our clients as we expand our team in Leytonstone. Every one of our clients is unique and special, the joy and comfort our clients receive from one of our Carer’s visiting them makes this an incredibly rewarding job.
Being a key worker has never been a more worthwhile job offering high levels of job security and lots of opportunities to develop a lasting career in a sector that is seeing unprecedented growth and guaranteed earning potential.
As our clients live in their own homes, they need care visits that work around their lifestyle, we do not offer 24/7 care and generally calls are carried out between 7.30am and 10pm, as such was can offer our Care Assistants a wide range of shifts to meet their needs too!
You do not need any care qualifications or formal experience to become a Care Assistant as we will provide you with our award-winning Carer training. We have Carers working for us who have been stay at home mums, semi-retired school teachers and or retired but fancies part time work. The only thing you need to apply is a warm and compassionate nature, a people-orientated personality and a willingness to learn.
Home Instead offers great rates of pay and the support of a friendly and professional office team. All you need is a passion for supporting others and pride yourself on delivering an outstanding service. You will be reliable, trustworthy and respectful. You will enjoy building professional friendships and to be comfortable with spending time in the company of others.
As well as gaining fulfilment for yourself, you will be really helping to reduce periods of loneliness and making a huge difference, your visits are so important to our clients.
- Reflect the core values of Home Instead Senior Care
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Document daily activities and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Maintain regular communication with line manager and office staff
Companionship Services which could include, but are not limited to:
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Monitor diet and eating
- Stimulate and encourage through a variety of activities (for example clothing selection, hobbies and crafts)
- Arrange and provide reminders for appointments, activities and outings
- Help with travel arrangements
- Assist with walking (lending an arm to steady)
- Accompany to appointments and social events (for example visiting friends or family, lunch, club meetings)
Home Help Services which could include, but are not limited to:
- Run errands / collect prescriptions etc
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, washing and ironing, taking out rubbish, caring for houseplants etc.)
- Organise and tidy cupboards and check food expiry dates
- Plan prepare and tidy away meals
- Answer the door
- Assist with pet care
- Supervise home maintenance
- Help with shopping and oversee home deliveries
Personal Care Services which could include, but are not limited to:
- Provide medication reminders
- Help with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Help with continence care
- Assist to eat and drink
- Provide Dementia / Alzheimer care
- Provide respite / convalescence care
- Assist with morning/wake up and or evening/tuck in
- Willingness to travel to clients homes
- A passion for supporting others and pride yourself on delivering an outstanding service
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to listen, communicate clearly and build professional relationships with clients and their families in a friendly and pleasant manner
- Respect for people with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own and who may have a range of medical conditions. Commitment to non-discriminatory care practice
- Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions
- You must be reliable, trustworthy and an excellent time keeper
You will receive great rates of pay, and the support of a friendly and professional office team.
As well as gaining fulfilment for yourself, you will be really helping to reduce periods of loneliness as your visits will be so important to our clients.
- Award winning training
- £10.55 an hour
- Pension scheme
- Full learning and development programme
- Rewards scheme and employee support line
- Carer social events
- Willingness to travel to clients' homes
- You will be required to undergo a full DBS check
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure checks.
Please click on 'I'm Interested'
Videos To Watch