Would you like a career as a mechanic working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is ‘Family-like Care’? Duties include investigation, repair and service of vehicles, producing estimates and carrying out diagnostics.
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? If the answer is “yes” then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Draycotts Kia are currently seeking a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOT’s on vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or .
Application deadline: 11/10/2021
Possible start date: 25/10/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Mechanically minded
- Ability to use own initiative
Minimum entry requirements:
- Maths, English Language and ICT grades A*-C (9-4) or equivalent
Candidates will work towards achieving the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship standard at level 3.
They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
The programme lasts for 36 months.
The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges.
Throughout the duration of the programme, the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC’s training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training. Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal.
The apprentice, employer and provider are required to maintain a logbook that captures progress over the programme.
- On-going assessment of soft skills and behaviours
- A behaviour assessment
- Knowledge and understanding tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
- Skills tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
This is followed by the synoptic assessment, of which there are four components:
- Logbook (final year review to assess apprentice’s progress)
- Behaviour Assessment Knowledge Test (an in-depth, online test exploring knowledge/understanding of the apprentice)
- Skills Test (two-day practical examination of the skills of the apprentice)
There is the potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, however, this will be determined by the employer.
Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a light vehicle technician?
Do you have a driving licence?
For the past 23yrs we have had a KIA DEALERSHIP, we are the longest running KIA DEALER in the UK from opening our Kia Showroom doors in 1991 and the first in this area.