R1045345 Lead Speech and Language Therapist (Adult)
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
£52,500 – £58,000
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe, isclinically-ledand in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Clinician at Cromwell Hospital our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and everyday.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa but thrive.
- Lead the development of the Speech and Language Therapy Service and produce an effective and efficient service to all users whilst maintaining the highest professional and clinical standards.
- As Lead Adult SLT, you shall provide staff and operational leadership including governance and quality improvement initiatives for the SLT service.
- Be responsible for providing highly specialist assessment, diagnosis and intervention for clients with speech, language and swallowing difficulties, often with complex needs. Patients will include a range of physical diagnosis and conditions for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Inpatient referrals may be received from the oncology, neuro, cardiac and intensive care units.
What you’ll do:
- Provide assessment and implementation of highly specialist SLT treatments and programmes of care, writing reports, reflecting specialist knowledge for a caseload mostly consisting of adult patients with tracheostomies and swallowing needs.
- Carry out video fluoroscopic examinations of swallow, analyse and report findings regarding implications for management and design specialised therapeutic programmes of care.
- Perform clinical risk assessments and complete risk assessment plans relevant to your caseload.
- Be well versed in the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) and to lead on the delivery of this framework. This includes the teaching of relevant nursing and catering staff and monitoring compliance.
- Provide highly specialist input into policies and protocols regarding the management of patients seen by the Speech and Language Therapy Team and wider service.
- Maintain up-to-date clinical written records and collection of data in accordance with local and RCSLT professional standards.
What you’ll bring:
- Speech and Language Therapy Degree and a member of RCSLT and HCPC.
- Proven experience of a range of adult services including dysphagia and experience with a range of clinical groups, including critical care, oncology and respiratory.
- Experience of working with ventilated patients and those with tracheotomy tubes.
- Independent practitioner in carrying out video fluoroscopy with patients with a range of clinical conditions
- Experience in a range of staff management activities i.e. performance management/development and supervision.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Lead SLT, you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa.
We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this Lead SLT role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posting End Date
08 Mar 2021