Blyth Country House Care Home based in Blyth, Worksop, North Nottinghamshire is offering an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to stat their career in the health and social care sector as a Care Assistant. DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE ROLE PROVIDING PERSONAL CARE TO ADULTS, WE CAN ONLY CONSIDER CANDIDATES AGED 18 OR ABOVE
Blyth Country House Care Home is offering an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to stat their career in the health and social care sector as a Care Assistant.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to carry out over the duration of the apprenticeship:
- Delivering quality personal care to each of the residents
- Supporting residents with washing, dressing, eating and maintaining hygiene
- Understand the needs of the residents and treat them with respect and dignity
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the residents, family, visitors and colleagues
- Responding promptly to call bells
- To assist in the cleaning of the care home
- Take reasonable care of equipment used to carry out tasks
- Adhere to all company and local policies and procedures
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or .
Application deadline: 01/09/2021
Possible start date: 02/09/2021
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT and record keeping skills
GCSE’s A*- D/9-3 in English and maths or Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham city centre on a rare occasion.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
Level 2/Intermediate Apprenticeship in Adult Care Worker: Level 2 Diploma in Care.
- Functional Skills – maths & English Level 1 or 2 (if required)
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
Progression onto level 3 Apprenticeship – Lead Adult Care Worker or permanent role on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this position.
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against your commute from home to the employers address – please state whether you will be using public transport or drive and have your own car.
Blyth Country House Care Home work under a philosophy of care that dictates that all residents shall live in a safe and comfortable environment, where they are treated with respect and equality, irrespective of their needs and backgrounds and in an environment of trust and familiarity.