Phakeys Pharmacy is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
Phakeys Pharmacy is busy and a welcoming pharmacy based on Carlton Road just outside Nottingham City Centre. If you have a keen desire to pursue a career in the pharmaceutical sector this is a fantastic opportunity.
The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the Pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in the pharmacy.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer’s address and will not need to attend college
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or .
Application deadline: 01/08/2021
Possible start date: 02/08/2021
- Be a good communicator
- Be able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
A*-D/9-3 grades in GCSE maths & English or Functional Skills Level 1
- Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship standard in Pharmacy Services Assistant
- Functional Skills up to Level 2 in maths & English if not exempt
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship, dependent upon the performance.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please say what personal qualities and/or skills you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this role. Why do you want to do a Pharmacy Apprenticeship?
For the purposes of shortlisting your commute from home address to the employers location please say whether or not you drive and have your own vehicle or will be using public transport.
Phakeys Pharmacy is based on Carlton Road in Nottingham. Offering a full range of health information & in store services.