TSA Dental are looking for a friendly Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team of expertise at their modern practice based in West Bridgford, Nottingham. If you are looking to start your career as a dental nurse, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
The wage is advertised as the apprenticeship minimum of £4.30 per hour, however, this may be negotiable for the right candidate.
The Practice Opening hours are Monday 8am to 7.30am, Tuesday to Friday 8am to 6pm. Your 37 hours per week includes your fortnightly day release at college starting September and also any additional time off the job spent on training.
Within this role as apprentice dental nurse, you will gain exposure to a multitude of treatments and develop a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure health and safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all health & safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the dental practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the dental practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or .
Application deadline: 01/11/2021
Possible start date: 02/11/2021
- Effective teamwork and communication using a range of skills
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks
- An understanding of impact of their work on others
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to multi-task in an organised manner
- A*-C (9-4) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent)
- Dental Nurse Apprenticeship standard Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths OR English if required
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
College day release is fortnightly due to commence September 2021.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
For the purposes of shortlisting your application based on your commute from home to work, please say whether you will be using public transport or drive and have access to your own vehicle.
Please say why you want to train to become a dental nurse. Also, what personal attributes or existing skills do you have that you feel make you a good candidate for this role?
Mixed NHS & Private practice. Established for 15 years providing routine dental services.