Night Care and Support Assistant – Part Time
Sidegate Lane Nursing Home, Ipswich
£9.23 to £9.51 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
10 hours per week, including weekends
We are seeking an experienced Care and Support Assistant to provide personal care and support to our residents at Sidegate Lane during the weekend. Our homely Supported Living service is located in a quiet area of Ipswich and supports 24 people with mental health needs and/or dementia.
If you are someone who values kindness and patience, and who treats others with dignity and respect, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Read more about Sidegate Lane Nursing Home here
The role of Night Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Delivering a high level of personalised care and support for our residents and encouraging them to maximise their potential and level of independence
- Administering medication
- Providing peace of mind by carrying out security checks throughout the night, checking on all buildings and residents
- Responding to calls should a resident need support in an emergency
- Conducting bed calls and morning calls to a high standard
- Working to ensure a clean and comfortable environment
- Other duties will vary depending on residents’ needs
Skills and experiences:
- NVQ2 in Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
- Personalised approach to care, ideally with experience of working in a similar, care related role
- Experience working with vulnerable clients, with physical or learning disabilities
- Patient, calm and respectful with a caring disposition
- Willingness to work as part of a team
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible , by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 10June 2021
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Supported Living, take a look at our Twitter feed or search #LifeatSanctuary
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.