Operational Risk Consultant (IT) – (Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time)
Location: Flexible, UK
This is an opportunity to join the UK IT and Operations team, reporting to the UK IT Risk & Controls Manager, where you will join and you will collaborate with the management team, bursting with ideas on how to move our UK business forward.
You will be asked to drive change and improve on a set of already well established IT Controls and Risk Management Framework to allow senior IT management, business functions and 3rd party service providers to demonstrate they are managing and safeguarding company assets, data and operations. Your ideas will be heard.
You will work alongside local and regional Group IT functions, Service Providers and business functions to ensure that Zurich is proactive in the management of IT Operational Risk. The role is varied, interesting, and there are genuine opportunities to get stuck in and make a difference.
You will gather data and collate, aggregate and interpret the information to provide Business Executives and other interested parties with an assessment of the UK IT Risk and Controls landscape. You will also manage multiple demands for IT Security and IT risk-based information within Zurich, ensuring all reporting commitments are met.
This role is available full-time, as a job-share, or part-time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
- Carry out control assurance for IT Service providers
- Facilitate and participate in regular risk assessment initiatives
- Maintain local IT oversight documents such as IT Supplier risk registers
- Operate IT risk/control frameworks that serve as a basis for regulatory compliance, internal control processes and management of IT risk
- Ensure compliance with IT-related policies and regulatory requirements; develop plan to remediate compliance gaps
- Maintain a strong network with major partners across IT and Zurich
- Develop key risk and performance indicators from metrics and incident history
- Support security event monitoring and incident response processes
- Provide regional support and co-ordination for audit and other assurance processes
Your skills and experience:
- You’ll ideally have solid experience as an Operational/IT Risk Specialist and have a good understanding of common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x.
- Good knowledge of Risk and Control management standards and disciplines.
- You’ll have great communication skills, being able to take part in meetings and provide expert advice, as well as knowing when to listen and when to question.
- It would be great if you have a good understanding of the UK Financial Services Regulatory environment and an understanding of IT Supplier contracts would be a real bonus.
- We’re not too focussed on what your background is, but you might be from Business Continuity or Risk Management, both of which would work well for this role.
- A Risk Management qualification (CIRM, CRISC) would be an advantage as would a Professional Security Qualification (CISA, CISM, CISSP) but this is not essential.
The salary offered for this role is between (£40,000 – £50,000) depending on experience. As well as this we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- 12% pension
- Car allowance of £4,560
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Annual company bonuses
- Full private medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Discounted gym membership ,
- Free flu jab
- Discounted gadget insurance
At Zurich, we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at an interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.