***26 HOURS PER WEEK – Average***
Make a difference every day and give back to your community!
This role will be based at Woodville Residential Home, in Woodville, Derbyshire. The home has been specially designed to cater to the every need of 46 residents, living with a range of age-related health conditions and mental health conditions that require dignified support from our caring team. Additionally, some of our residents are living with Dementia. It is essential that candidates for this role are therefore patient, understanding and respectful of our resident’s individual abilities.
Benefits of becoming our Cook:
This role offers great work life balance, with regular set shift patterns across a 7-day working week. In return for your commitment to our residents, we can offer range of excellent benefits including;
– Hourly rates of pay ranging from £9.00 to £9.20 per hour dependent upon qualification level
– Opportunities to learn and progress with the support of our dedicated Quality Matters team
– Fully funded DBS
– Comprehensive Holiday Pay scheme that rewards you for your commitment to care
– Free refreshments and snacks whilst on shift
– Fantastic Refer a Friend scheme, offering up to £250 per successful candidate!
Responsibilities of our Cook include:
– Preparing meals, snacks and beverages in line with our residents’ dietary requirements
– Undertaking quality checks on food prepared and food being stored
– Planning menus in line with the preferences and requirements of our residents
– Assisting with food service to allow our residents a dignified dining experience
– Maintaining stock records in line with company policy and food safety regulations
– Ordering stock and maintaining accurate records
– Maintaining a hygienic and tidy kitchen and supporting with deep cleaning tasks
What we’re looking for in our Cook:
To be successful within this role, you will have a genuine caring nature and a desire to make a real difference for our residents. You will be an experienced Cook, ideally holding a Food Hygiene and/or Catering qualification, though this is not essential as Prime Life can support you with the training necessary for this role.
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Cook please click ‘apply’ today, and we’ll ensure to be in touch!