We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Keeping our armed forces running smoothly as a Medical Doctor (part-time)
As a Medical Officer for the Capita Recruiting Partnering Project (RPP), you’ll be carrying out efficient medical screenings, appeals and approvals at our Army Assessment Centre. By making sure the right candidates pass assessment, you won’t just be keeping our recruitment process running smoothly, you’ll also be helping to build lifelong careers in the army. Working alongside a dedicated team of fellow medical doctors, clinical staff and administrators, your work will contribute directly to our national security effort, and make a huge difference in the local community.
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody looking for a different kind of clinical career, but still make the most of their skills and experience. Even better, there’s no shift work and no nights, just a great work-life balance whilst helping to make our country safer.
This opportunity is based in our Assessment Centre in Glencorse, Midlothian, AC (G) and is on a part-time basis. Hours to be discussed.
Part-time Medical Officer
What you’ll be doing
- conducting face-to-face medical assessments, paperwork screening and appeals for Soldier and Officer candidates
- assisting with the management of RPP medical doctors, including training, governance and performance
- assisting with the coaching of clinical staff to meet productivity, quality and outcome measures
- deputising for the lead medical doctor during any absences
- assisting with the first-level appeal process and maintaining appeals within the agreed service standards
- maintaining GMC registration, licence to practise, accreditation and skill mix
What we’re looking for
- a fully GMC qualified medical practitioner with licence to practise
- an empathetic leader with demonstrable managerial and delegation skills
- IT literacy and experience with Microsoft programmes
- excellent organisational skills
- the ability to work effectively and efficiently to tight deadlines
- an effective communicator in person and on paper
About Recruiting Partnering Project
At Capita RPP, we’re transforming the British Army’s recruitment service. Our team are constantly improving the entire recruitment and selection process for both the Regular Army and the Reserves. Our mission is to make joining the Army a less daunting and more transparent experience. Join us and discover better ways to inspire people to become part of the Army.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary of £80,000
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Free onsite parking, access to a subsidised canteen
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you’d like to ask before applying, you can contact Lisa (email@example.com) and Seona (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We’re continuing to adapt to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19. Wherever possible, all interviews, assessments and background checks will take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact.
Capita colleagues are only permitted to work from one of our offices where there is an essential reason for them to do so.
Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19.
The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.