Home Instead Senior Care
We are rated “Outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission CQC and over the years we have won numerous awards within the domiciliary care sector including 5 Star Employer in Care, year after year. We stand out as we are a private company who provide minimum of 1 hour visits, often more, building full, healthy and lasting relationships between our CAREGivers and clients who want to continue to feel happy, safe and comfortable in their own home.
• 100% of employees in 2019 said they “were proud to work for the company” and “would recommend it as a great place to work.”
• 100% also said the Home Instead Senior Care office is effectively managed and well led and that they themselves were cared about as a person
• Clients and their families collectively said the support they received was ‘exemplary’ winning the company a national award for ‘changing the face of ageing’.
Have you always been valued in your work, been appreciated so much or made such a difference to others? Now is your time!
So, whether you are looking for a change in career or you simply have the time spare to give back now could be your chance to help an elderly person in our community by making a difference to their everyday living. There really is no better feeling quite like when you are supporting those who need it most.
This is such a rewarding role for the right person and it is a very important keyworker role within our community. No formal experience is necessary as full ‘Home Instead’ training will be given.
The job role itself
You will be visiting and helping support elderly people who would like to stay independent in their own home, where they want to be, surrounded by memories, for as long as possible. The support you provide may include:
• Preparing the client's meals.
• Taking the client shopping or get their shopping on behalf of the client
• Helping the client with their housework. This may include light cleaning such as ironing, polishing and hoovering.
• Helping them to get washed, dressed and ready for the day. There may also be other elements of personal care.
• Helping make sure the client takes their daily medications, and…
• Simply being there for your client; being a companion with a friendly ear with time to listen, a shoulder to rest on. Some client's feel lonely and you might be the only person they come into contact with all day. You will make a truly meaningful and lasting difference to someone’s life.
Who are the right candidates?
• People who want to feel fulfilled in their daily lives
• People who want to make a lasting difference to the lives of others
• People who genuinely care and have a truly caring heart
• People who are honest, reliable and passionate about wanting to be good at their job
• We ask that all CAREGivers MUST hold a driving licence and have access to a reliable vehicle – your lady or gent may need to be taken to the shops and appointments at some point.
• You must complete 4 days training (2 days one week, 2 days the next). This comprehensive, award-winning training is free and highly valuable in your role as a CAREGiver. PLEASE NOTE: 3 days of this training is now held virtually to comply with the social distancing guidelines.
• You will need to complete and pass a DBS check
• Depending on your client's needs, there may be a little personal care required. This could simply be able to help them button their shirt or reach their feet for them to put their socks on.
What you will receive
• Due to the nature of the health care sector, we cannot offer full time hours. Therefore, we offer part time hours of work for our CAREGiver's meaning anywhere usually, between 10 and 25 hours.
• Pay rates between £9.25 and £20 per hour with enhanced rates for early mornings, late evenings, weekends, sleepovers and double time on bank holidays
• We also pay mileage, holidays and pension
• Outstanding, award-winning training
• Bespoke employee benefits scheme
• Employee Assistance Scheme
• Free tea, coffee, biscuits and cake!
• A great place to work, achieving personal fulfilment, surrounded by like-minded colleagues
How can you apply?
We feel that just sending us a CV is not enough. We would like to know a little more about you and what makes you believe you might be an ideal candidate for the CAREGiver vacancy. Please provide us with a cover letter alongside your application that tells us why you believe you suit the role of a CAREGiver with Home Instead. Once you have applied, an initial pre-screen of your application will take place. Usually we will be in contact with you within 24-72 hours of applying. If you have any further questions about the vacancy, the job role or the company please don't hesitate to contact us.
Videos To Watch