If you are an experienced clinical psychologist who is looking for a part-time rewarding career at a service rated Outstanding by the CQC, where you can make a difference and changes lives for the better, then join the team at Ballington House and enjoy support from a regional network of psychologists.
Working 15 hours a week, you will join the team at Ballington House, a mental health rehabilitation that provides care for women with complex mental health needs.
Reporting directly to the Hospital Director, you will be responsible for individual and group interventions, diagnostic and cognitive assessments, MDT working, risk assessments, facilitate staff reflective practice sessions and will be requested to design and deliver training.
As a Psychologist, you will have experience and knowledge in carrying a service users caseload, including assessing service users with complex needs, and designing and delivering specialist psychological treatment within mental health care services.
You will be working in an environment where there is a strong emphasis on teamwork and CPD, where you will have continuous access to a range of training opportunities to move your career forward.
- Supporting the provision of psychology services in a specified area, in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, and under the direction and supervision of a senior psychologist
- Participating fully with the multidisciplinary team and ensuring that the service user is fully engaged in their care pathway
- Supporting clinical team working, including both direct interventions and the delivery of staff training programmes
- Supporting the clinical team and area of service in developing new initiatives and ways of working
- Working with internal and external agencies in order to enhance treatment pathways for service users
To be successful in this role, you’ll need
- Competence in assessing, formulating and working therapeutically with service users in the service area
- Up to date knowledge of legislation and its implications for the profession and the client groups we work with
- Successful completion of a Doctorate in either Clinical or Forensic Psychology or the British Psychological Society’s stage 2 training in Forensic Psychology, enabling registration with the HCPC as Practitioner Psychologist
- Registration with the HCPC as a practitioner Psychologist and Charterable status with the British Psychological Society
- Knowledge and understanding of working with Trauma
- Experience (either pre-training, on training, or subsequently) of working with clients with complex needs that are relevant to the population in the service area
- Experience using CBT skills to address a range of clinical and/or forensic issues
What you will get
- Annual salary of £15,200
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals on duty and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Flexible working opportunities
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Benefits & About Elysium