About The Role
At AO we are passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience and this starts with you. You will be the face of AO to ensure a remarkable in-store experience for everyone that steps foot into our exciting new stores.
You will be a key component in ensuring our customers have the best possible journey by being welcoming, approachable and knowledgeable about the products we sell.
Customer Experience is at the heart of everything we do and the foundation of our success lies on keeping it the best it can be. We are looking for motivated sales Assistant to join our team.You will be trained as an expert in our product range to be best placed in delivering knowledge and advice on everything from Cookers to Laptops, plus Kettles and Toasters to Vacuum Cleaners. You will also be trained in something that’s important to all AO’ers, wherever they work… treating every customer like your Gran!
The hours for the role are 12 hours per week on a rota between 8am – 8pm Monday to Sunday
Here’s What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Making our Customers Happy first and foremost! Welcoming our customers to your store with an ao smile! Listen and talk to our customers to offer a consultative approach to the sale. Building a rapport with each and every customer to be able to maximise the sales of products and services . Creating an unforgettable customer experience. Take pride in your store, ensuring your store is clean, tidy and all product are available . Processing payments though the till and leaving our customers with an fantastic unrivalled in store experience!
A Few Things About You
• You’ll have a passion for customer service
• A highly motivated attitude to targets with a passion to succeed
• You will be interested about electricals and eager to learn more – we will ensure that you get great training so you can help our customers as much as possible
• You’ll bring a positive energy into the store each day to ensure we have the happiest customers.
• Be confident to deal with a range of queries and hold excellent communication skills
• Represent and protect our culture and values demonstrating these throughout
• Ideally, you’re already experienced in Retail, but that isn’t the be all and end all!
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks – making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like “treat every customer like they’re your gran” and “make decisions your mum would be proud of” because we’re personal and act with integrity – every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own “AO Perks” to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.