An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced Qualified Part Time Senior Finance Officer who has experience maintaining the Companies accounts ideally within the Education sector. They are also ideally looking for someone who has experience using SIMS FMS and Tucasi. The successful candidate will also have managerial responsibility for the full time Finance Officer and a Part Time Finance Assistant. The successful candidate will work 22 hours per week and 44 weeks of the year.
As the Part Time Senior Finance Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Compliance and ensuring that all accounting records and practices are compliant with statute, Governors policies, in-house procedures and the Finance Procedures Manual
- Preparation and monitoring of budget figures and prepare and monitor cashflow forecasts on a monthly basis and to provide the Business Manager with financial reports
- Financial management and oversee the successful operation of the School accounting systems (SIMS FMS version 6.182) and the School Fund accounting system (Tucasi version 2.4)
- You will also oversee the work of the Finance Officer and Finance Assistant
- Financial Administration and undertake month end returns, authorise invoices for payment and prepare and submit VAT claims
- The annual accounts are prepared to trial balance and then the Financial Statements, as part of the 'Annual report & Financial Statements’ are prepared and audited by External Auditors
The successful Part Time Senior Finance Officer will have:
- A relevant Accountancy qualification
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and team working skills with an approachable, motivated and proactive attitude
- Experience using SIMS FMS and Tucasi
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including strong Excel skills essential
- Ability to work to deadlines, together with an organised and methodical approach to work
- A confident and professional manner, with the ability to build strong relationships
- Flexibility and an ability to prioritise essential
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
Fantastic benefits plus this is an excellent opportunity for the right experienced person to work part-time within the Education sector. Hours are 22 hours over 44 weeks and is close to the main public transport links.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)