Project Worker, Homelessness – Part Time
Aviary House, Norwich
£9.99 per hour (rising to £10.30 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
28.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday with a shift every 3rd Weekend
At Sanctuary Supported Living, we are passionate about supporting people to live as independently as possible and to lead fulfilling lives. We are seeking an experienced Project Worker at Aviary House, where we provide support to people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness.
The role of Project Worker will include:
- Ensuring that relevant support is provided to encourage our clients to maximise their own potential and level of independence
- Assessing clients’ needs by writing and updating support plans
- Being a first point of call to receive and direct all customer and resident queries
- Developing professional relationships with clients, ensuring that clients maintain personal choice, privacy and dignity
- Liaising with external support links to improve clients’ confidence, health and wellbeing and offer training and encouragement towards employment and education
- Handling occasional emergency situations
- Keeping accurate and high quality written records
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults, people with mental health needs or substance misuse is essential
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to hit the ground running and work under challenging circumstances
- Good communication skills
- Adaptable to internal and external changing demands
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel or similar
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 26 July2021
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Supported Living, take a look at our Twitter feed or search #LifeatSanctuary
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.