Project Worker – Part Time
Hazel Court, Worcester andAlbert Park Road, Malvern
£9.99 per hour (rising to £10.30 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
24 hours per week – shifts covering 7 days a week to include bank holidays, evenings, weekends and sleep ins
We are seeking an experienced Project Worker to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Hazel Court offers 14 purpose-built apartments providing housing and support for adults with learning disabilities. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Read more about Hazel Court here and Albert Park Road here
The role of Project Worker will include:
- Regularly assessing the needs of residents by writing and updating support plans, and signposting access to education, training and employment
- Supporting residents in their day to day living i.e. with cooking and cleaning
- Offering advice in relation to fulfilling tenancy conditions
- Assisting residents with managing finances and welfare benefits
- Encouraging social inclusion and helping residents to build their confidence, resilience and self-esteem
Skills and experiences:
- Some experience of working with clients with mental health and/or complex needs
- A sound knowledge of housing management, including voids and arrears management, and an understanding of occupancy agreements
- Experience of motivating and encouraging individuals to reach their goals
- A positive approach to challenging behaviour
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel or similar
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 05 October 2021
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Supported Living, take a look at our Twitter feed or search #LifeatSanctuary
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.