Job Summary & Responsibilities
Are you looking for part time work in the rail industry?
STM Group are recruiting experienced and SIA licensed security officers to join our company within the railway industry.
Are you available for shifts including the following?
- The shifts that you will be required to work will be a mix of day and night shifts with start times from 05h00 and finish times 01h45.
Also it would be advantageous to have a vehicle to drive to stations where possible.
ü Do you live locally to London Overground stations? (Orange Line on the tube map)
We are recruiting for the following areas:
Carpenders Park, Hatch end, Headstone Lane, Forrest Hill to New Cross Gate, Chingford to Walthamstow central area and Theobald u2019s grove to Edmonton green.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned, national security firm and to develop your career as a professional and trained Security Officer.
- Ensure the personal safety of both passengers and other visitors to the stations.
- Ensure an excellent level of customer service is delivered, respond positively to customers questions and be conscious of all visitors to the station
- Carry out regular patrols of the station to ensure the health & safety of all customers
- Report faults, health & safety issues and escalated complaints to supervisors and duty managers from both STM and the client.
- Report anti-social behaviour at stations, in accordance with the company policy and Railway Bylaws, whilst helping to maintain train service performance.
- Wear the appropriate issued uniform (including name badge) and safety clothing as supplied, ensuring that your standard of appearance is high and complies with the company standard.
Please do not apply for this role unless you hold a valid SIA license, are able to provide a full 5 years of work history without gaps and can be flexible to work evening shifts across 7 days
As this role may require you to work outside the train running hours, we urge you to consider your transportation before applying.
When applying, Please ensure your postcode is clearly stated on your CV,
STM Group is an equal opportunities and diversity aware employer
STM hold ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 18001 certification together with Security Industry Authority Approved Contractor Scheme accreditation.
What We Want:
- A valid SIA licence (This is a requirement)
- Smart, well-groomed and confident disposition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This is a mobile position and you must be able to do regular patrols of the Station.
- Successful applicants MUST be able to provide 5 years work vetting (without gaps).
- As this shifts time may fall out of train operating hours, a willingness to travel via night bus or car is a must
What You Get:
- Excellent salary which meets the London Living Wage of £10.75 per hour
- 28 days holiday paid accrued throughout the year.
- An Arriva Rail Bearer Pass that allows free travel across the Overground network during working hours.
- Excellent tailored training, support and personal development through STM Training.
- Full Overground uniform provided (excluding shoes)