Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To provide an efficient service in the Gynae Outpatient department and help support with the booking, prepping and management of Gynaecological & Obstetric appointments and notes in the area.
To assist in the smooth running of the Antenatal & Gynaecology outpatient service. The administrator will work in conjunction with nursing staff to provide administrative support throughout the patient’s journey within the department. The role involves daily face-to-face contact with patients and relatives whilst liaising with nursing staff. The role will involve booking appointments, prepping notes, general admin and clerical duties.
- Computer literate, use of Microsoft packages
- Experience in a healthcare setting
- Previous Receptionist experience
- Experience in a NHS Trust
- Good standard of general education (GCSE O levels at Grade A-C) or equivalent.
- Good standard of numeracy & literacy
- Good standard IT skills
- Qualified at Level 3 or above, degree level
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with EMIS software
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use own judgement and common sense
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work well and remain calm under pressure
- A ‘can do’ positive attitude
- Flexible approach to working hours
At Northampton General Hospital we provide general acute services and hyper-acute stroke, vascular and renal services to people living in Northamptonshire. As well as this we are an accredited cancer centre and provide cancer services to a wider population of Northamptonshire and parts of Buckinghamshire.
We are proud to be the first hospital in the UK to have obtained Pathway to Excellence® designated accreditation from the American nurses credentialing centre (ANCC).
We celebrate staff achievements and value the importance of working as one big team. That’s why we talk about TeamNGH. It’s all about working together to provide the best possible care for our patients and supporting each other to grow and develop our skills. We are driven to helping you to be the best you can be.
Apply today and join the largest family in Northamptonshire.
To deliver best possible care for our patients:
- We put patient safety above all else
- We aspire to excellence
- We reflect, we learn, we improve
- We respect and support each other
To apply for this post, scroll down to the bottom of this page and select “apply online now”.
In submitting an application form, you authorise Northampton General Hospital to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Electronic Staff Record Inter Authority Transfer process should you be appointed to the post.
Due to the high number of applications received we are unable to respond to each application individually. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date you have been unsuccessful in this application.
For further information on nursing, apprenticeships, A&E or any other departments please visit our specific website or pages that are indicated on the right hand side of this advert.
Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust recognises that staff of differing backgrounds and life experiences enrich our workforce and bring different skills and knowledge. We therefore encourage and welcome applications for our vacancies from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CLOSE VACANCIES PRIOR TO THE ADVERTISED CLOSING DATE WHEN WE ARE IN RECEIPT OF SUFFICIENT APPLICATIONS
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
- Receptionist – JD ( PDF , 122.7 KB )
- Receptionist – PS ( PDF , 162.6 KB )
- Staff Fair Processing Statement ( PDF , 90.4 KB )
- Respect and Support Document ( PDF , 207.1 KB )
- Code of Conduct ( PDF , 235.2 KB )
- Benefits and NGH ( PDF , 379.3 KB )
- Useful Links ( PDF , 185.9 KB )