Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Scheme Manager – Homeownership – Part Time
Windsor Lodge, Solihull
£5,491 per annum (rising to £5,780 after 12 months service, subject to satisfactory performance)
10 hours per week, Monday to Friday
A one bedroom flat is provided
The Scheme Manager will carry out a varied role including close communication with our customers, coordinating contractor workloads and dealing with difficult situations relating to retirement and leasehold living. We are looking to appoint someone with recent experience within a similar role where exceptional customer service is demonstrated.
The role of Scheme Manager – Homeownership will include:
- Providing administrative support including; producing letter/notices, recording data, raising purchase orders and invoice management
- Confidently communicating with customers, in person and via telephone regarding a range of queries/complaints and offering advice and guidance
- Supporting residents to maintain their well-being and to live independently
- Supervising contractors and works carried out to maximise service delivery
- Undertaking compliance checks, risk assessments and scheme inspections and ensuring faults are reported and monitored
- Ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements for housing services
Skills and experiences:
- Experience within an administrative and customer facing role
- Knowledge of older people’s needs and requirements in line with heath and safety regulations
- Ability to organise/prioritise multiple workloads effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Specialist housing knowledge would be advantageous
- Ability to operate computers, Microsoft packages and applications such as Outlook
- Experience of leasehold management is desirable
- Occasional travel may be a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, where your wellbeing is of genuine importance, we have developed an attractive employment package. The package recognises your contribution, supports your physical, mental and financial health and gives you the flexibility to tailor your employee benefits by offering:
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- Life Assurance
- Employee Advice Service including counselling
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Voluntary health plans
- Employee discounts
- Wellbeing support and tools
- Employee recognition scheme
The full time equivalent salary for this role is £20,592 based on 37.5 hours per week rising to £21,675 after 12 months service and subject to satisfactory performance
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 4 July2021
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.