Senior Actuarial Pricing Analyst – (Part-Time, Job-share or Full-Time)
Location: We’re flexible but the team you’d be joining is based in London or Farnborough
Are you looking for that next step up in your Actuarial career? Are you nearly or newly qualified with some Actuarial experience already behind you? If so, this could be your next role and we would love to hear from you. The location of this role can be flexible but travel to meet other team members and stakeholders in either our Farnborough or London offices on a regular basis will be required.
This is an opportunity for you operate at a more senior level and develop yourself as well as coaching and mentoring others in the team. Your development is important to us so if you are currently studying then we can offer you study support for those professional exams. As the Pricing Analyst, you will be joining our high performing Commercial P&C team, to help maintain and build on their current high quality and cost-effective service.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
What will you be doing?
Working within the Commercial P&C Pricing team, which focusses on Property, Casualty and Motor lines of business, you will be responsible for the following:
- Support the delivery of pricing and portfolio management solutions, across multiple portfolios, through data analysis and modelling.
- Demonstrate increasing knowledge of relevant actuarial disciplines and procedures to be able to provide first class service and insight to external and internal customers.
- Pricing of large individual accounts, often across multiple lines of business
- Regular monitoring and reporting of key trends.
- Regular communication with Underwriting, Reserving, Claims and Finance teams
- Ownership and monitoring of technical price assumptions.
- Modelling and monitoring of market pricing decisions.
- Develop & maintain pricing/underwriting systems and incorporate efficiencies or improvements as required.
- Support and supervise more junior colleagues through coaching of technical and soft skills.
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture.
What are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level
- Experience gained in an Actuarial role
- Working towards Actuarial qualifications (nearly/newly qualified)
- Excellent knowledge of Actuarial professional guidance
- Market, risk and business awareness
- Good knowledge of Insurance products
- Highly numerate and analytical
- PC Skills – MS Office suite, coding languages desirable
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage own and other team members work portfolio
What will you get in return?
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- 12% company pension contribution (employee contribution optional)
- Annual company bonus
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Contribution to medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Discounted gym membership,
- Free flu jab
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Plus many more flexible benefits!
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.