Senior Business Auditor – (part time / full time / job share)
Location: Flexible – UK
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Auditor to join the Audit team in Swindon.
You will support audit plan delivery for complete and more complex audits (local and global), executing audit engagement activities including determination of scope, risk analysis and documentation of audit results, in line with Group Audit standards.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
If you’re looking for a role which will offer you development and progression, whilst working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you! The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Building an in-depth understanding of Group Audit standards and methodology.
- Assisting the Portfolio Manager / Auditor Manager in planning & determining the audit scope for relevant engagements and in reaching an agreement on the risk analysis.
- Participating in local and global audits, completing audit work, and document audit results in line with Group Audit standards.
- Operating with minimum supervision on smaller/less complex assignments, with sufficient guidance and subsequent review.
- Agreeing on corrective actions and delivering the final audit report, with support from the Portfolio Manager / Audit Manager, for more technically challenging, complex and sensitive assignments.
- Tracking the implementation of agreed actions.
- Developing own knowledge and business awareness by reviewing available resources and interacting with multiple stakeholders.
- Contributing to the Group Audit global team through own professional skills and technical knowledge.
Your skills and experience:
You will ideally have:
- Degree (or equivalent).
- An experienced auditor with a background in financial services and/or insurance knowledge
- Relevant professional qualification such as CIA, CISA, ACA equivalent will be required. If not already qualified, such certification should be obtained within 12 months after hiring
- Knowledge of audit standards, principles of internal controls, processes, assessment and design of compliance testing
- Good understanding of complex environments, emerging technologies and related risk and controls frameworks.
- Experience within complex, multi-national organizations, preferably in an international environment
- Ability to deliver high-quality audit results in a dynamic environment
- Experience in applying and verifying Data Analytics / Data Science/ Digitalisation as part of an audit approach
- Good project management, analytical, innovative thinking, problem solving and communications skills, innovative thinking mindset, expertise in insurance would be a strong asset – preferably in an internal audit and/or external audit environment
The Reward you’ll receive:
We offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- Industry leading Defined Contribution Pension scheme where employer contributions are 12 % of base salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
- Additional 3 volunteering days
- Full private medical cover
- Annual company bonus
- Car Allowance
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance x 4 base salary
- Family Friendly policies
- Discounted gym membership
- Virtual GP appointments
- Flexible working to suit both you and the business
- Plus many more!
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
How much travel will there be?
At a time when we start returning to offices, the role will primarily be based in the Swindon office. In addition, there will also be a call for some limited local and overseas travel. IN the future, we estimate that approx. 20% of your time will require travel to other Zurich offices, including the Isle of Man and Ireland.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive rang e of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.