Please note that because of government funding, candidates must be 19-24 years old and must live in the UK.
Trainee Easycut Saw Operator – F JONES Cleveland
CNC/Easycut Saw Operators are required to deliver an exceptionally high standard of manufacturing output in terms of quality, quantity, timing and cost to meet the needs of F.Jones Cleveland Ltd. customers. They must display high standards of accuracy, attention to detail and commitment in delivering a top quality product in keeping with the reputation of this organisation.
28 March 2021
- Training provider
Let Me Play Ltd
- Traineeship sector
Education and Training
- Weekly hours
- 18 – 20 hours per week in setting plus additional 1 to 2 days study time over 6 – 12 weeks of programme. Exact times TBC.
- Expected duration
- Possible start date
30 th March 2020
- Reference number
- Contact details
- Asma Jabeen
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4?
Tasks will include:
- Detailed programming of the CNCs and Easycut saw to include the conversion of Auto-Cad drawings to Breton-Cam.
- Understanding Tool Management within the Breton computer programme and making suitable amendments to meet customer requirements
- Understanding the Tool Management system on the machines themselves and identifying the functions and limitations of each tool
- Calibrating the tools on the CNCs using specified equipment to measure wear and taking appropriate corrective action
- Setting up and loading materials to CNCs (Dual and Single Bed) and Easycut Saw), downloading computer programmes, processing and off-loading of materials to include appropriate manual interventions when required.
- Cleaning and routine maintenance of all machines within the maintenance programme laid down in procedures
- Rigorous inspection of all materials prior to and following processing to minimise the risk of non-conformances
- Liaise with other teams to improve quality of output and minimise the level of hand finishing required
- Ensure that the Health and Safety Policy of F.Jones Cleveland Ltd. is rigorously observed and any situations which compromise safety are reported to the appointed officer.
- Support the training of self and colleagues and the dissemination of best practise in the use of Standards Operating Procedures particularly within the CNC/Easycut Saw operations.
- Contribute to production meetings when required
- Support the process of non-conformance investigations to ensure that quality issues are addressed and resolved.
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Functional Skills maths and English support for those who require it and a high-quality work experience placement.
- Maths and English if required
- Hands on practical experience
After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and a letter of reference as a minimum, to support future job applications.
Opportunities to apply for further apprenticeship opportunities or possible direct employment with placement school.
About the employer
F.Jones Cleveland Ltd
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
- Jones Cleveland is a family company founded on the principles of developing and delivering innovative marble and granite products together with a friendly, professional and responsive service to our customers. Underpinning the manufacturing know-how is a professional, courteous team with a genuine understanding that customer care is a crucial element of our business and have a very real desire to ensure that the trust customers put in us is never misplaced
Riverside Park Rd,
Requirements and prospects
- Working at or towards national occupational standards (NOS) in information and library services, archive services and records management, knowledge/skills equivalent to current national qualifications Level 2
- Knowledge of procedures for use of library resources, cataloguing, assisting users
- Good IT skills
The successful candidate will have:
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Willingness to work flexibly in order to meet tight deadlines and develop the service
- Commitment to team working
- Willingness to undertake further training as required
- Short periods of increased physical effort e.g. carrying resources
- Knowledge of Breton-Cam and Auto-Cad computer programmes
- Appropriate professional qualification (e.g. City and Guilds NVQ Level 2 CNC Operation)
Things to consider
- You will gain the skill and experience to take you career to the next level.
Questions for candidates
Why do you feel you would benefit from a Traineeship?
Why do you want to start your career as a Business Administrator?
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.