Traineeship Tutor Assessor
Permanent full time position
Entrust Skills and Employability Service
To support ESFA funded learners to achieve a Traineeship in a timely manner, ensuring quality of delivery and assessment in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The role will involve compliance with procedures and quality control measures, provision of structured advice and guidance to learners, classroom and remote delivery and assessment against national standards. Delivery includes a range of Maths, English Functional Skills, Essential Digital Skills, pre-employment, and employability skills course delivery.
Traineeship Tutor Assessor
What you’ll be doing:
Support the recruitment, training and assessment of Traineeship learners aged 19 to 24 who are not in employment, education or training including:
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills English
- Essential Digital Skills
- Employability Skills
- Vocational Qualifications including Information, Advice and Guidance and Business Administration
- Work within defined policy and procedures as a tutor/assessor delivering face to face and remote sessions with small groups or individual learners across a range of settings
- Adapt methods and instructional materials to meet the learners’ varying needs and interests
- Observe and evaluate learner performance; providing guidance or assistance as required to meet learners needs
- Maintain a caseload of learners ensuring timely achievement and progression into employment or an apprenticeship complying with ESFA Funding Rules.
- Prepare learners for Functional Skills (reformed) assessment and exams, complying with Awarding Organisation, JCQ and Ofqual regulations
- Develop Schemes of Work, Session Plans, and Individual Learning Plans for the delivery of Entry Level to Level 2 Functional Skills, Non-Regulated Programmes, Employability Skills and Vocational Qualifications
What we’re looking for:
- Qualifications and Experience in the delivery of Functional Skills (Reformed)
- Assessor qualification (D32/33, A1 Assessor Award or TAQA Certificate in Assessing the Quality of Assessment) (Essential)
- NVQ or QCF Diploma Level 3 or above in the subject area
- Experience of supporting young people to gain positive outcomes
- Experience of teaching and assessing non-regulated and QCF/RQF qualifications
- Industry experience in the relevant sector
- Experience of using e-portfolio systems for assessment
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Experience of ESF contract delivery
- E-portfolio experience
- A relevant teaching qualification (PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS Education and Training Award Level 3 or 4, Cert. Ed)
Entrust is a joint venture company between Capita and Staffordshire County Council and has supported educational establishments across England to improve outcomes since 2013.
‘Excellence in education’ is the heart of our business. Our passion is inspiring futures and improving outcomes for children, young people and adults.
We work in partnership with schools, academy trusts and Local Authorities to provide specialist expertise, ensuring every child and young person;
- receives a good education;
- is in a safe and healthy environment;
- and is given expert guidance to realise their full potential.
Wealso work withclients acrossa range of other sectors including central government, health, and the private sector.
Our achievements are underpinned by our vision ‘to inspire futures’ by being Open, Ingenious, Collaborative and Effective. By building on our reputation for excellence and delivering what we promise, we want to help make every school in England a good school, ensuring every child and young person gets the education they deserve.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.