About the job
Would you like to be part of shaping the future of major infrastructure in the UK?
TG Tunnelling has an exciting opportunity for a Tunnelling Operative Apprentice to join their team of Tunnellers at South Portal, Maple Cross on the Align section of the HS2 project.
As an apprentice, you will be on a development programme, which is designed to kick start your successful career in
Tunnelling and Construction. We will support your technical development through a wide range of on-the-job practical experiences and twenty percent of your time will be spent on a study programme that will consist of classroom-based training with an apprenticeship training provider.
The Tunnelling Operative Apprentice role requires a person who is enthusiastic, reliable, adaptable with a passion for learning and a genuine interest in starting a career within Construction.
You should enjoy building strong working relationships and aspire to learn new skills related to the industry, whilst working as an integral part of the Tunnelling Team.
The successful candidate will learn and develop, through a mixture of studying and on the job learning, with the core aim of becoming a qualified Tunneller.
About the Project
- HS2 is a new high-speed railway linking up London, the Midlands, the North and Scotland serving over 25 stations, including eight of Britain’s 10 largest cities and connecting around 30 million people.
- TG Tunnelling is supporting Align, a joint venture of three major infrastructure companies delivering 21.6km of high-speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 16.04km twin-bored tunnel and five vent shafts handling both and tunnel ventilation facilities.
- The construction of the Chiltern Tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route
- By joining TG Tunnelling you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career.
- Under the supervision of the Team, the primary role of the Tunnelling Operative Apprentice is to:
- Assist with the excavation, support and forming of tunnels and shafts in the ground associated with the construction process to provide an underground space (tunnel or shaft).
- Work as part of a larger team with the responsibility for performing tasks including moving and handling materials,
resources and components by mechanically assisted or manual means; loading and unloading, handling and
conveying goods and materials to and from the workface.
- Guide and control the movement and operation of plant, machinery and vehicles
- Prepare, check and maintain machinery and equipment in use
- Work towards your Level 2 Tunnelling Operative qualification.
Behaviours, Skills & Experience
- Ability to work on a shift pattern
- Have an appetite for learning
- Have a can-do attitude
- Be able to follow instruction
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Genuine interest in starting a career within Tunnelling.
- Ability to build strong working relationships within the workplace
- 5 GCSEs A-C (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above) including Maths and English, or equivalent
- Good organisational skills
- Teamwork skills
If a candidate discloses that they have a disability, we shall ensure they are invited to interview if they meet the minimum requirements.
Telecommunications Technology Apprenticeship Full Time Padstow, United Kingdom Published 3 days ago
10th September, 2021 My Gateway are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual who has an interest in starting their career in Telecommunications Technology! ...
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Pharmacy Services Full Time Oxford, United Kingdom Published 3 days ago
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and ...