Weekend Care and Support Assistant – Part Time
Noble House, Worcester
£9.23 to £9.51 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
14 hours per week – Shifts to be worked from 7:30am to 2:30pm and 2:30pm to 10:00pm
We are seeking a Weekend Care and Support Assistant to make a real difference to the lives of our residents and help them enjoy a happy, fulfilling retirement. Located in Sanctuary Grove, a purpose-built community on the outskirts of Worcester, Noble House provides apartments and communal facilities for over 55s. You will be working as part of a team providing a range of flexible and personalised care and support.
If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established, experienced and supportive team.
Read more about Noble House here
The role of Weekend Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Delivering a high level of personalised care and support for our residents and encouraging residents to live as independently as possible
- Supporting residents with washing, dressing, bathing and hygiene
- Managing nutrition and hygiene needs
- Administering medication
- Assisting residents with shopping, cleaning and laundry tasks
- Helping residents to arrange and attend appointments i.e. with their GP
- Promoting a positive culture by engaging with residents to prevent social isolation
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records
Skills and experiences:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent), or willing to work towards
- Ideally with experience of working in a similar care related role
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills, as well as functional literacy and numeracy
Why work for Sanctuary Retirement Living?
Retirement Living provides comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active and independent lifestyles in their later years.
Ready to join Sanctuary Retirement Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Retirement Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- 28 days annual leave (including public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work schemes
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Retirement Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 07 July2021
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application .
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Retirement Living, visit our website , take a look at our Facebook page or search #LifeatSanctuary
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Anenhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
SanctuaryRetirement Livingis a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.